Sometimes I think whether pest control or pest prevention is easy or difficult. I have actually seen people working hard to get rid of the pests to keep their residential or commercial place safe, clean, & healthy, but they do not always meet success. Well, with my years of experience as a pest exterminator, I have been offering residential & commercial pest control services in Arizona and have been posting blogs on pest control to help those whom I cannot reach easily. This time as well, I have come up with certain tips for those who own or work at restaurants and are troubled due to pests.
Treatment of pests at eateries like restaurants is highly important for health as well as financial risks. With my experience, I can say that pest control in Food industry is bit challenging as compared to any other place. I have discussed some challenges here. Have a look at them:
• Sanitation: Sanitation is one of the concerns at restaurants. There is high possibility of insects or their feces or saliva being exposed to the food which raises the chance of health issues like food poisoning. If extermination methods are not carefully conducted then it would be a major issue.
• Comfort and Safety: Pest control is bit challenging in Food industry, as one has to limit the use of chemicals as if these are exposed to food preparation area, then can affect the health of the customer. The use of visible pest control devices is also not preferred as otherwise, the customers would think there is pest issue.
• Reputation: Reputation & goodwill of the restaurant depends majorly upon the quality food served. If the customer is not safe and has to risk his health, then that would affect the reputation of the brand.
Well, these are the challenges, which make a pest specialist adopt guaranteed methods and give excellent services. Now, here are some of the effective pest control tips, which will help you to control pest as best as possible.
• Educate the staff: All the staff along with management must be aware of the risks due to pests. It becomes the responsibility of every member to take care of the pest issues. The easier way can be with maintaining a checklist for keeping a track on various aspects. Also, the employees should be conscious towards pest infestation signs so that immediate action can be taken at the initial stage itself.
• Maintaining cleanliness and hygiene: The best way to control pest is by blocking their access. They breed and spread through water & food, so if they do not have access to these facilities, they will not cultivate. Cleanliness has to be top priority of every member. All the food processing equipment and food garbage bags have to be cleaned regularly. Not only this, the garbage dumping area should also be maintained properly.
A Quick checklist for what manager at the restaurant has to do to ensure pest free place:
• Note the date and time of monthly inspections
• Pay attention to temperature in the food processing area
• Assuring proper cleanliness at the place
• Focus upon building integrity issues, general sanitation practices, etc.
• Checking of vents and screens for proper air intake and circulation systems
Be careful and follow the above mentioned tips to make the restaurant pest free.