Mesa Roof Rat Control
Have a Problem with Pests? Choose the Best!
Roof rats are a common problem throughout Mesa. More and more homeowners and business owners find themselves having to deal with a roof rat infestation. These hardy rodents first showed up in the early 2000s and they’ve been spreading ever since, moving from the Arcadia neighborhood out to Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and the East Valley. Now, they’ve even spread to Ahwatukee and the West Valley. Fortunately, our team of state-certified Mesa roof rat control technicians at Arizona's Best Choice Pest & Termite Services have over 20 years of experience and the equipment necessary to show these pests the door for good!
If you suspect you have roof rats at your home or commercial property, call (480) 418-3068 to request a free inspection.
Signs of a Roof Rat Infestation
Roof rats are prevalent throughout much of the Valley and Mesa. Particular hotspots include the East and Southeast Valley, downtown Phoenix, and Sun City.
Here are some signs that your home or business might have a roof rat problem:
- Half-eaten citrus: Roof rats can survive by eating everything from dog food to garbage. However, they often don’t have to settle for that: many Mesa homes have citrus trees in the backyard. Dropped fruit is just about the easiest and tastiest meal a roof rat can find. Carefully look at freshly dropped fruit around your yard. If it’s opened and half-eaten, that could be a sign that roof rats are around or inside your property. You can do the same kind of quick inspection for nut trees.
- Strange noises: A roof rat nest in your attic can be noisy. When the house is quiet at night, turn off all other noise and listen. If you hear squeaking, scratching, or movement coming from your ceiling, it could be roof rats. Of course, the best way to know for sure is to call us.
- Pets acting strangely: Animals have superior hearing and smelling capabilities compared to humans. If your pets are displaying unusual behavior, it could be that they hear or smell roof rats.
- Droppings around your property: If you’re seeing rat droppings on your patio or around the outside of your home or business, call us for a free inspection. Never touch or try to dispose of droppings yourself.
- Sightings of rats: You may actually see roof rats in your yard. If the rats are either nesting in yard foliage or eating fruit in the yard, you may spot one of them scurrying around.
Treatment & Prevention
Bait & Trap
The best way to trap and remove rats involves professional-grade traps that trap and kill the rats. Poison is less effective and can harm animals and pets that accidentally ingest it. Plus, a poisoned rat that is able to make its way back into your home just to die somewhere inaccessible is bad news. Our Mesa roof rat control specialists can set up traps around your home and you’ll see your roof rat population dwindle and die out.
As discussed above, roof rats love dropped citrus and nuts, but will essentially eat anything. The combination of food and shelter attracts them to your property; denying them both will make your home or business much less attractive. Our techs can advise you on how best to prevent a roof rat re-infestation.
A professional home sealing can be the most effective roof rat deterrent there is: by denying them complete access to shelter in your attic, rats are more likely to look elsewhere for warmth.
To learn more about roof rat control in Mesa, give us a call today at (480) 418-3068. Our service area extends to Casa Grande and the Phoenix Valley Area.
Choose the Best for Your Pest Control ProblemsOur Experienced Team is Bringing the Highest Quality Service to Your Home & Business
Pet & Eco Friendly Service
Proudly Serving Arizona Since 1998
Top of the Line Equipment
Locally Owned & Operated
Knowledgeable, Experienced Employees
With a low turnover rate, we pride ourselves in taking care of our employees. Join our team that's like a family!