Mesa Cockroach Control
Effective Roach Extermination for Homes & Businesses
If you haven’t seen a cockroach before, consider yourself lucky. Cockroaches are reddish-brown pests that predate humans and have been in existence in their current form for more than 70 million years. Infamously, many scientists believe they could even survive nuclear war. Given this, cockroaches shouldn’t be underestimated.
Roaches are not just a mere nuisance. They also contribute to deadly diseases. The pests carry millions of infectious agents that can lead to different diseases ranging from food poisoning to diarrhea. The insect can carry salmonella, which causes food poisoning. Studies have found that incidences of food poisoning dropped once the cockroaches were eliminated from the house. If you have a cockroach problem in your home or commercial space, take immediate action and call our pest control team today.
Dealing with a cockroach infestation? The best thing to do is to give the Mesa cockroach control professionals at Arizona Best Choice Pest & Termite Services a call at 480-418-3068 or contact us online.
What You Can Do to Prevent & Eliminate Roach Infestations
- Place cockroach baits. You should place cockroach baits in places where they tend to thrive, such as under the sink, near the drains, and in corners of your kitchen. Once the roaches eat the bait, they will die a slow death. Also, they will infect the colony through their droppings. The bait should be placed close to the area where the roaches will eat, so it can be taken back to the colony. You can buy commercial baits in the store, or you can make homemade bait by mixing one part powdered boric acid, one part white sugar, and one part white flour. The flour and sugar will attract the pests while the boric acid will prove to be fatal for them. You should apply the powdered bait under the refrigerator, behind drawers and cabinets, and even under your stove.
- Set cockroach traps. Cockroach traps are commonly available in stores. There are many different types of traps. The traps simply lure the insects inside and then block the exit. Keep in mind that you can use the traps to capture only a few of the insects—they are not effective in exterminating colonies. Similar to baits, you should place the traps near the place where they congregate.
- Fix water leaks. Cockroaches thrive near water sources. They can live months without food, but only days without water. You should look for leaks inside the house and fix them instantly. The roaches will most likely eat your baits once the source of water has been eliminated.
- Cover the trash can. Trash cans are the favorite eating spot for roaches. To avoid a cockroach infestation, you should keep the trash can lid closed. Also, it’s advisable that you use a separate trash can for discarded food items. Furthermore, you should not let trash sit in the can for too long, and dispose of it regularly.
- Contact a professional for help with a cockroach infestation. The most effective ways to exterminate cockroaches from the house is to call reputable pest control experts. Professional exterminators use safe and effective measures to reduce pest infestation from the house. Experienced professionals will offer guarantees of the work so that you can rest at ease that your money will not be wasted.
Pet & Eco Friendly Service
Proudly Serving Arizona Since 1998
Top of the Line Equipment
Locally Owned & Operated
Knowledgeable, Experienced Employees